WhatsApp, arguably the most used mobile messaging application isn’t available for iPad as it lacks the SMS or calling feature required for WhatsApp verification. But this hasn’t stopped modders from installing WhatsApp on iOS with full features.
As of later versions of WhatsApp needs Jailbreak tweaks to function, so this trick requires your iPad’s iOS to be jailbroken. This method has been tested to work with jailbroken iOS 8.1.2 and should probably work on later iOS versions.
Jailbreaking void’s the warranty of your device & I hold no responsibility for your jailbroken device or related activity.
1. Jailbreak (Note : read above disclaimer) – http://www.taig.com/en/
2. iFunBox – http://www.i-funbox.com
3. WhatsApp Messenger from iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/whatsapp-messenger/id310633997?mt=8
4. Whatspad from Cydia.
5. Phone number for verification.
Follow this video walkthrough –
1. Download WhatsApp Messenger .ipa to your local file system.
2. Install it to your iPad or iPod Touch using iFun Box.
3. Install whatspad from cydia.
4. Open whatsapp from your iPad or iPod touch and complete the verification procedures.
Note : Keep in mind that if you are using the phone number of an existing WhatsApp install then you’ll loose the ability to use the WhatsApp on the former install, of course till you re-verify it.
5. If you want you could install WhatsApp ++ from cydia repository.
Note : whatsapp++ is an unofficial mod for whatsapp and is not connected with official whatsapp messenger. Using it might get you banned in whatsapp, though I’ve haven’t yet been banned in iOS for using whatsapp ++.
Let me know if you had any queries on twitter @theindiandragon
[box type=”info”] Copyright info : Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. WhatsApp is a copyright of WhatsApp inc. [/box]