Hey guys, I have been asked many times on updating a rooted (or) modded nexus with latest minor/security update because once you unlock the boot loader on your nexus device you will not be able to install updates via OTA.
Luckily, it’s much simple to update your rooted/modded nexus than you think; thanks to a nifty tool – nexus root tool kit by XDA Recognised developer – Wugfresh .
- Nexus device from Galaxy Nexus onwards running Android .
- Windows Operating System (Virtual Machine would also do fine).
- Nexus Root Tool Kit (NRT) [Download : http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ ]
Video Guide :
Steps to update your rooted or modded nexus :
- Make sure windows drivers for your device is installed fine.
- Put your device into fast boot mode (Power + Volume Down ).
- Open NRT, select your device if the auto detect fails.
- Select Flash Stock + Unroot .
- Select NO WIPE MODE & flash the latest stock ROM with update
Note : Make sure you have good space in your Windows OS partition for NRT to download the requisite files else you might find some weird errors.
Flash Recovery, SuperSU, Xposed after successful flashing, video on flashing Xposed without flashing Recovery (or) Rooting is coming soon. In case of any questions ping me here, Google + (or) Facebook (or) Twitter.
Disclaimer : Once you are into Rooting/Modding, you’ve pretty much seen this everywhere. I’m not responsible for your device or your actions .