To flash files for rooting, Xposed etc. in Android you will be needing a custom recovery image, it allows us for flashing system level files which wouldn’t be possible otherwise.
There are different types of custom recovery images such as Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), Clock Work Mod, CyanogenMod Recovery, PhilZ Touch. In general, these recovery images are to be flashed permanently to your device [Of-course you can remove them & flash stock recovery] .
In case you didn’t want to flash custom recovery permanently (security ?) you can use NRT to flash custom recovery temporarily for your tasks. In this video, I’ll show you flashing xposed binary using temporary custom recovery.
Nexus Root Tool Kit – [http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/]
You can check the requirements & introduction on NRT here – How to update your rooted nexus
VIDEO GUIDE :
STEPS TO FLASH FILES WITHOUT INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY :
- Put the phone into Fastboot mode – press Power + Volume down button.
- Launch advanced utilities in NRT.
- Select Custom Recovery & flash it (It will be flashed temporarily).
- Select Push/Pull Files , push the file you would like to be flashed.
- Inside Custom Recovery (TWRP), select the file form Downloads.
- Flash the file, reboot.
Now you have flashed the file using custom recovery but without installing custom recovery permanently !
Once you are into Rooting/Modding, you’ve pretty much seen this everywhere. I’m not responsible for your device or your actions .