Rooting is a process which allows the user to gain root access to the linux in Android OS. It can be useful if you run applications such as firewall, which requires root access to the Android.
This guide is just for rooting Galaxy Tab2 P3100, for other Android devices Type ‘ Model number of your Phone/Tablet rooting’ in the above search box.
This Guide is applicable for Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Disclaimer : Rooting ROM’s are risky, void’s warranty and could brick your device if not done properly. I am not held responsible in such cases. This guide is for educational purposes only, to follow this guide is solely under your discretion .
1.Download the GalaxyTab2 Root from the below link.
2.Backup your ROM using Clock work mod – ROM Manager.
1. Drop the update.zip to the internal sd or external sd card of your Tab2.
2. Power off the tab, press volume down + power button to go into download mode.
3. Connect the data cable to the Tab and to the computer.
Note : If your Tab is not getting detected in windows, make sure you have
a.samsung USB drivers installed.
b. Kies not running (kill from task manager ).
c. Connect the USB cable directly to the computer and not via an extension cable.
4. Open Odin in the Windows, You’ll notice the port is highlighted when the tab is detected.
5. Select Auto Restart & PDA and Uncheck everything else.
6. Select the GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_184.108.40.206 through the PDA, make sure the options are selected as said and click Start.